While out in California for the Science and Nonduality Conference, I had some downtime before the conference started, so I decided to tape a long panel discussion with a rather large group of friends, most of them previous guests on Batgap. Sofia University in Palo Alto (where transpersonal psychology was founded by Abraham Maslow and others), generously provided a room and video equipment. I’m especially grateful to Dr. Jeffery Martin, who conducts research there, for offering and organizing this. It was an experiment, and some were skeptical that it would work, but it did! Main points of discussion in this part include:
- The panel reflects on the morning session from direct experience after meditating together.
- Discussion of spiritual teachers and how awakening can come with new charisma and confidence along with an ability to enliven others which can lead to ego aggrandizement. The panel discusses what to be aware of and how to share with humility and grace.
- Spiritual Maturity – Importance of ongoing psychological growth and healing post-awakening. The benefit of peer check-in, therapy, and support.
- Sharing of ideas of a new paradigm for spiritual teaching to include humanness and meeting students as equals. Importance of honesty and sharing humanity and personality and not playing a role.
- Experiences of subtle realms and beings, psychic powers, siddhis that can naturally arise. Refinement and exploring dimensions of consciousness,
- Skilfully sharing gifts and graces that arise with awakening for the good of all.
- Importance of developing spiritual maturity and continued growth and healing.
- When is mystical experience useful and the benefit of guides in such openings?
- A discussion of healing and wellness in association with awakening.
- Are awakening and healing interrelated or separate journeys?
- Is it important to heal before awakening or can healing take place afterward? Refinement and purification of physiology.
- Is healing necessary for an abiding awakening?
- Functioning in daily life after an initial awakening.
- The panel shares their leading/learning edge right now to enter the conversation with vulnerable truth.
|Name||Other Batgap Interview(s)||Website(s)|
|Canela Michelle Meyers||12/18/2011, 9/24/2015||canelamichelle.com|
|Craig Holliday||1/3/2015, 12/19/2018*, 10/25/2019*||craigholliday.com|
|Dana Sawyer||9/29/2010, 2/9/2014*, 3/19/2016||dana-sawyer.com|
|David Buckland||9/25/2015, 10/27/2017*||davidya.ca|
|Francis Bennett||8/4/2012, 4/21/2013* 10/26/2013*, 5/24/2014*, 10/23/2014*, 10/21/2016, 10/25/2016*|
|Kiran Trace||11/2/2013, 09/24/2015||kirantrace.com|
|Kristin Kirk||2/16/2014, 5/24/2014*||kristinkirk.com|
|Laurie Moore||7/21/2012, 10/24/2013||counselingscottsvalley.us|
|Mariana Caplan||2/3/2012, 1/6/2013, 10/25/2019*||marianacaplan.com|
|Rick Archer||6/5/2010, 3/16/2013, 5/11/2014, 10/23/2015, 10/24/2016, 10/21/2017, 12/19/2018*, 10/25/2019*, 10/27/2019||You’re on it.|
|Susanne Marie||7/7/2013, 10/24/2014*, 10/23/2016*||susannemarie.org|
*In group discussion.
Video and audio below. Audio also available as a Podcast.