While out in California for the Science and Nonduality Conference, I had some downtime before the conference started, so I decided to tape a long panel discussion with a rather large group of friends, most of them previous guests on Batgap. Sofia University in Palo Alto (where transpersonal psychology was founded by Abraham Maslow and others), generously provided a room and video equipment. I’m especially grateful to Dr. Jeffery Martin, who conducts research there, for offering and organizing this. It was an experiment, and some were skeptical that it would work, but it did! This is part 1. Part 2 will be posted shortly. Main points of discussion in this part include:
- What are awakening and enlightenment? Are we on the same page? Discussion goes into direct experiencing of different states, levels and depths of consciousness in the evolution of the progressive, dynamic process of awakening.
- What is identity and identification in different stages in the evolution of consciousness and the journey of the dissolution of self?
- What is the value of words and the use of semantics in the discussion of awakening and Self-realization?
- Is awakening lost in the experience of our brokenness? In the face of deep emotional trauma or when life shatters, what happens? Is there an abiding, unmoving stability that is unshakeable in all circumstances?
- The evolution of our humanity as an expression of the divine and the importance of continued growth and refinement in the awakening journey.
Participants in the morning session included:
|Name||Other Batgap Interview(s)||Website(s)|
|Craig Holliday||1/3/2015, 12/19/2018*, 10/25/2019*||craigholliday.com|
|Dana Sawyer||9/29/2010, 2/9/2014*, 3/19/2016||dana-sawyer.com|
|David Buckland||9/25/2015, 10/27/2017*||davidya.ca|
|Francis Bennett||8/4/2012, 4/21/2013* 10/26/2013*, 5/24/2014*, 10/23/2014*, 10/21/2016, 10/25/2016*||Facebook page|
|Kiran Trace||11/2/2013, 09/24/2015||kirantrace.com|
|Kristin Kirk||2/16/2014, 5/24/2014*||kristinkirk.com|
|Laurie Moore||7/21/2012, 10/24/2013||counselingscottsvalley.us
|Mariana Caplan||2/3/2012, 1/6/2013, 10/25/2019*||realspirituality.com|
|Rick Archer||6/5/2010, 3/16/2013, 5/11/2014, 10/23/2015, 10/24/2016, 10/21/2017, 12/19/2018*, 10/25/2019*, 10/27/2019||You’re on it.|
|Susanne Marie||7/7/2013, 10/24/2014*, 10/23/2016*||susannemarie.org|
*In group discussion.
Video and audio below. Audio also available as a Podcast.