Wayne Wirs is a transparent, rational, nondual mystic. Wayne blogs about his day-to-day life as a semi-homeless, van-dwelling drifter and has been doing so before, during, and after his awakening experience in 2009.
Wayne considers himself more of a spiritual explorer than teacher, so his “teachings” tend toward first-hand, real-world experiences (open ended, integral, mystical and evidence-based) rather than academic hard and fast truths.
Unlike many nondual teachers who focus on an all-or-nothing approach to awakening, Wayne advocates a simple yet integral fading of the ego based on key qualities: Eternal (soul, practical), Radiance (love, emotional), Emptiness (awareness, rational), and Intimate (mystical experience). He calls this dynamic, flowing, magical way of living Mystical Oneness.
Wayne has two key sayings which best describe his message:
- “The less there is of you, the more there is of the Divine.”
- “The smart have their books. The wise have their scars.”
- Mystical Oneness and the Nine Aspects of Being: A step-by-step guide to enlightenment and beyond
- Fading Toward Enlightenment
- A Mystic’s Journal: Fall 2014
- A Mystic’s Journal: Winter 2015
- A Simple Explanation For Everything
- Seeing Clearly
Interview recorded 5/23/2015
Video and audio below. Audio also available as a Podcast.