Theresa Cheung was born into a family of spiritualists. She has a Masters degree from Kings College, Cambridge, and has written numerous bestselling dream, angel, afterlife, ritual, and spiritual titles and Encyclopedias, including two Sunday Times top 10 bestsellers. She has been a guest on Russell Brand’s Under the Skin and Coast to Coast AM and featured in numerous newspapers and media.
Main points discussed:
- Theresa’s bio and background
- Movies can be a powerful means of popularizing spiritual knowledge.
- Supernatural experiences are part of the human experiences. We should not idolize those who have them but investigate the possibility of having them ourselves.
- Dreams inspire interest in spirituality.
- The pandemic “lockdown dream phenomenon”.
- “Dreams are your intuition, your internal therapist”
- The inner guide is switched off in the modern busy world, but the pandemic switched it back on.
- Night visions and how they may be much more than dreams.
- Lucid dreaming
- Confronting difficulties in dreams can prepare one to deal with difficult situations in waking life.
- Theresa’s investigation of mediumship.
- Discussion of cults and the importance of spiritual integrity.
- The importance of humility on the spiritual path.
- We’re all ordinary people who have extraordinary experiences from time to time.
- Everyone’s path is unique.
- It can be tempting to follow a teacher and intoxicating to amass followers.
- An extensive discussion of angels.
- The importance of kindness and caring for others.
- The importance of a scientific approach to spirituality.
- The importance of open-mindedness and not knowing all the answers.
- When someone dies, there is a relationship in spirit not limited by space and time.
- Heaven on earth. The life we live here determines the quality of the afterlife.
- The importance of forgiveness.
- Theresa mentions that ‘forgiveness’ is somewhat neglected in contemporary spirituality.
- Relationships with animals.
- The importance of curiosity.
A few of Theresa’s books:
- The Truth about Angels: Decoding the secret world and language of the afterlife
- The Dream Dictionary from A to Z
- Dream Decoder: 60 Cards to Unlock your Unconscious (Interpret Archetypal Symbols from your Dreams)
- 21 Rituals to Change Your Life: Daily Practices to Bring Greater Inner Peace and Happiness
- The Premonition Code: The Science of Precognition, How Sensing the Future Can Change Your Life
- The Afterlife is Real
Discussion of this interview in the BatGap Community Facebook Group.
Interview recorded March 6, 2021.
Video and audio below. Audio also available as a Podcast.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Android | Stitcher | Email | TuneIn | RSS | More