Leslie Temple-Thurston is a teacher of enlightenment, who for twenty-two years has wholeheartedly dedicated her life to inspiring and guiding people towards reaching their spiritual awakening at this most important and pivotal moment in humanity’s evolution.
“The heart is where heaven and earth meet—
it is the place where our human-ness meets and integrates with our divinity. The journey to discover the heart is the journey to find our true humanity—the perfected human being—that which we really are.” — Leslie Temple-Thurston
Leslie mentors individual seekers worldwide who are committed to their work of transformation and awakening to higher states. She guides people towards becoming fully conscious of and knowledgeable about the luminous core of light within themselves. She encourages her committed students and many others who come to sit with and study with her, to aspire fully and completely towards the state of mystical enlightenment.
Vision holder and founder of the non-profit organization CoreLight, Leslie and her partner of 17 years Brad Laughlin, developed CoreLight’s school of transformation, which offers online seminars and group meditations, as well as ongoing study courses.
To assist people in their awakening, Leslie also spent many years developing a unique and powerful set of processing techniques that have the capacity to release the patterned behavioral states of the ego that block an individual’s ability to fulfill their spiritual potential. This simple yet potent clearing work is a vital part of the transformation that Leslie offers her students on their journey to achieve higher states of consciousness. She believes that someone can only fully wake up by looking at and releasing their ego patterning.
Leslie was born and raised in South Africa. She graduated from the University of Witswatersrand in Johannesburg with a B.A. in Fine Arts and worked professionally as a painter and art teacher while in her twenties. Art had always been an inspired way for her to express and develop the natural mystical inclination she had had since childhood. In her late twenties and thirties, she found the inner pull of the mystic life to be her path and surrendered her beloved art to give herself completely to the fulltime study of mysticism and transformation. She came to the United States in 1977, where she deepened her studies of ancient wisdom through meditation, yogic teachings, and spiritual psychology.
Leslie’s dedication to spirit resulted in a two-year “cave experience”, which culminated in April of 1988 when she experienced the dissolution of her old ego identity and a profound awakening. With this came the gift of being able to share with others a transmission of grace, unconditional love and healing energy, known in the East as Shakti, which has uplifting, enduring, and transformational effects on those who receive it. She shares her transmission and her wisdom with those who attend her events or undertake committed study programs with her.
Leslie is the author of two books: The Marriage of Spirit : Enlightened Living in Today’s World and Returning to Oneness: The Seven Keys of Ascension, which have been translated into several languages.
- Burning Karma: A Guided Meditation
- Deep Relaxation and Expansion: A Guided Meditation
- The Art of Gazing: A Guided Meditation
- Gateway to Samadhi: A Guided Meditation
Leslie is the founder of the humanitarian aid organization, Seeds of Light, whose mission is to assist with the awakening of the Global Heart, which she perceives to be the interconnectedness of all life through tolerance, forgiveness, love, and compassion. Seeds of Light offers services to South Africa’s AIDS orphans and marginalized communities and helps preserve endangered species and ecosystems worldwide.
Leslie lives in Limpopo Province, South Africa.
Interview recorded 10/26/2010.
Audio and video below and as a Podcast.
YouTube Video Chapters:
- 00:00:00 – Introduction and Setting in Santa Fe, New Mexico
- 00:04:22 – Compassionate activism and spiritual awakening
- 00:11:19 – Apartheid and Reconciliation in South Africa
- 00:14:56 – Revisiting Spiritual Nature
- 00:17:34 – Intuitive Painting and the Etheric Body
- 00:19:57 – Painting in Samadhi
- 00:22:17 – Communication with Ascended Masters
- 00:24:16 – Communication with Ascended Masters
- 00:26:56 – Archangel Michael’s Teachings and Transformation
- 00:29:32 – A Heart Opening Experience
- 00:33:54 – The Role of Guides in Meditation Journey
- 00:38:46 – TM Meditations and Life Changes
- 00:43:35 – Compromising Spiritual Motivations in a Marriage
- 00:48:29 – The Shifts in Perception
- 00:52:36 – The Everlasting Shifts in Consciousness
- 00:57:34 – The Vast Transcendental State
- 01:02:06 – Encountering the Elohim
- 01:07:31 – Luminosity and Spirit Walkers
- 01:11:22 – Duality and Non-Duality
- 01:15:06 – The Evolution of the Human Race
- 01:18:09 – The Illusion of the Fall
- 01:21:15 – Fluctuations and Delusions in the Pursuit of Change
- 01:25:24 – Altruistic Intentions in the Spiritual Journey
- 01:29:04 – Quoting Spiritual Teachers and Finding Inner Balance
- 01:32:18 – The Liberation of Dropping the Ego
- 01:35:56 – Living a Fully Human Life
- 01:39:04 – Concern for the World and Activism Projects
- 01:41:57 – Energetic Realignment and Impact
- 01:45:01 – Spiritual Teaching and Humanitarian Projects
- 01:47:29 – Connecting Consciousness to Global Changes
- 01:51:59 – Building Forts and the Importance of Love and Respect