Dr. Jean Houston, Ph.D., is a scholar, philosopher, educator and a recognized pioneer of the Human Potential Movement. Widely recognized as a visionary leader and multi-cultural expert, Houston is the author of over 30 books exploring human possibilities and positive action in the world. Houston served as an advisor in human and cultural development for UNICEF, and to national and international heads of state.
Houston has devoted her life to developing processes to activate the latent abilities in individuals, groups, organizations, and societies. Over the last 60 years, Dr. Houston has worked in over 109 countries as an international speaker and teacher. Dr. Houston is the Chancellor of Meridian University and a dedicated champion of the human spirit.
Discussion of this interview in the BatGap Community Facebook Group.
I asked Jean which of her 30 books she would recommend for those wishing to learn more and she recommended:
- A Mythic Life: Learning to Live our Greater Story (her autobiography), and
- The Possible Human : A Course in Enhancing Your Physical, Mental, and Creative Abilities
More of Jean’s books:
- The Wizard of Us: Transformational Lessons from Oz
- The Search for the Beloved: Journeys in Mythology and Sacred Psychology
- The Hero and the Goddess: The Odyssey as Pathway to Personal Transformation
- Manual for the Peacemaker: An Iroquois Legend to Heal Self and Society
- A Passion for the Possible: A Guide to Realizing Your True Potential
- Quantum Revelation: A Radical Synthesis of Science and Spirituality
- The Passion of Isis and Osiris: A Gateway to Transcendent Love
- Godseed: The Journey of Christ
- Jump Time: Shaping Your Future in a World of Radical Change
- What is Consciousness?: Three Sages Look Behind the Veil (A New Paradigm Book)
- Mystical Dogs: Animals as Guides to Our Inner Life
- Life Force: The Psycho-Historical Recovery of the Self (Quest Book)
- Mind Games: The Guide to Inner Space (A Delta Book)
- Drawing on the Dream: Finding My Way by Art
- The Varieties of Psychedelic Experience: The First Comprehensive Guide to the Effects of LSD on Human Personality
Interview recorded September 1, 2018
Video and audio below. Audio also available as a Podcast.