In 1986, Gina realized she could pose a question mentally and get an answer mentally. Three years later, a very beneficial relationship with a wise nonphysical being began, who has been her inner teacher, mentor, and healer. In the late 80s and 90s, after earning a master’s degree in counseling psychology, she worked as an astrological counselor, metaphysical teacher, and writer, and spent much of her time meditating and doing inner work.
In 1999, Gina had a spiritual awakening shortly after meeting Adyashanti, and has since written numerous books related to awakening. Two weeks after that shift, she met Nirmala, a non-dual teacher. In 2000, Gina and Nirmala moved from California to Arizona together and married.
The focus of Gina’s writing and teaching is on helping people be in the present moment and live the happy and fulfilled life that is possible and on shedding light on the ego and other programming that interferes with awakening to one’s true nature. Gina is most interested in how the Divine moves in life through us and in helping people align with and express the Divine, or Essence, in their life. She defines Essence as the individualized expression of the Divine. Being in Essence results in what she calls “radical happiness,” which is the happiness that exists at our core and doesn’t come and go with circumstances. It is the happiness that comes from awakening to the truth of who we really are and living in the world as a unique expression of that. The opportunity to realize this happiness exists in every moment—for anyone—by simply being present in the moment.
Gina and Nirmala live in Sedona, Arizona, where they hold weekend intensives. Gina’s website offers information about her books and courses, and free e-books, book excerpts, a monthly newsletter, a blog, and audio and video recordings: www.radicalhappiness.com
Books by Gina Lake:
- Trusting Life: Overcoming the Fear and Beliefs That Block Peace and Happiness
- Embracing the Now: Finding Peace and Happiness in What Is
- Radical Happiness: A Guide to Awakening
- Living in the Now: How to Live as the Spiritual Being That You Are
- Loving in the Moment: Moving from Ego to Essence in Relationships
- Anatomy of Desire: How to Be Happy Even When You Don’t Get What You Want
- Return to Essence: How to Be in the Flow and Fulfill Your Life’s Purpose
- Getting Free: How to Move Beyond Conditioning and Be Happy
Video and audio below. Audio also available as a Podcast.