Bernardo Kastrup has a Ph.D. in Computer Engineering and has worked as a scientist in some of the world’s foremost research laboratories, including the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN) and the Philips Research Laboratories (where the “Casimir Effect” of Quantum Field Theory was discovered). He has authored many scientific papers and four philosophy books: Rationalist Spirituality, Dreamed up Reality, Meaning in Absurdity, and Why Materialism Is Baloney. This latter book is a grand synthesis of his metaphysical views. Bernardo has also been an entrepreneur and founder of two high-tech businesses. Today, he holds a managerial position in the high-tech industry. In parallel, he maintains a philosophy blog, an audio/video podcast, and continues to develop his ideas about the nature of reality. Bernardo has lived and worked in four different countries across continents.
- Why Materialism Is Baloney: How True Skeptics Know There Is No Death and Fathom Answers to life, the Universe, and Everything
- Meaning in Absurdity: What bizarre phenomena can tell us about the nature of reality
- Dreamed Up Reality: Diving into the Mind to Uncover the Astonishing Hidden Tale of Nature
- Rationalist Spirituality: An exploration of the meaning of life and existence informed by logic and science
- More Than Allegory: On Religious Myth, Truth And Belief
- Website: bernardokastrup.com
- Youtube Channel
- Blog post written by Bernardo after our interview (and relevant to it).
- Important article: The Physicalist Worldview as Neurotic Ego-Defense Mechanism
Interview recorded 7/12/2014
Discussion about this interview is in the forum.
Video and audio below. Audio also available as a Podcast.