Bernardo Kastrup has a Ph.D. in computer engineering with specializations in artificial intelligence and reconfigurable computing. He has worked as a scientist in some of the world’s foremost research laboratories, including the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN) and the Philips Research Laboratories (where the “Casimir Effect” of Quantum Field Theory was discovered). Bernardo has authored many scientific papers and philosophy books. His three most recent books are: More Than Allegory, Brief Peeks Beyond and Why Materialism Is Baloney. He has also been an entrepreneur and founder of a successful high-tech start-up. Next to a managerial position in the high-tech industry, Bernardo maintains a philosophy blog, a video interview series, and continues to develop his ideas about the nature of reality. He has lived and worked in four different countries across continents, currently residing in the Netherlands. For a rigorous, analytical summary of his philosophical ideas, see this short, freely available pre-print paper.
- Why Materialism Is Baloney: How True Skeptics Know There Is No Death and Fathom Answers to life, the Universe, and Everything
- Meaning in Absurdity: What bizarre phenomena can tell us about the nature of reality
- Dreamed Up Reality: Diving into the Mind to Uncover the Astonishing Hidden Tale of Nature
- Rationalist Spirituality: An exploration of the meaning of life and existence informed by logic and science
- More Than Allegory: On Religious Myth, Truth And Belief
- Important article: The Physicalist Worldview as Neurotic Ego-Defense Mechanism
Video and audio below. Audio also available as a Podcast.