Helané Wahbeh is the Director of Research at the Institute of Noetic Sciences and an adjunct assistant professor in the Department of Neurology at Oregon Health & Science University. Dr. Wahbeh is clinically trained as a naturopathic physician and research trained with a Master of Clinical Research and two post-doctoral research fellowships. She has published on and spoken internationally about her studies on complementary and alternative medicine, mind-body medicine, stress, and posttraumatic stress disorder and their relationships to physiology, health, and healing. Her current research interests include healing stress and trauma, examining mechanisms of mind-body medicine, and rigorously studying extended human capacities. Dr. Wahbeh’s extensive meditation training includes the Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Teacher Training by Jon Kabat-Zinn, a four-year Meditation Teacher Training with CoreLight, and a 19-year regular meditation practice.
- Free To Be Me: A Journey of Transformation through Generational Healing
- Whole Body Radiance: The Secret to Successful Weight Loss
- A broad definition of channeling.
- Do psychic and similar abilities run in families? Nature vs. nurture.
- Does the utilization of “junk” or non-coding DNA result in the unfoldment of abilities such as channeling?
- Helping people find their Noetic Signature.
- Everybody has the capacity to channel and many have done so without knowing it.
- We are undergoing a paradigm shift. Abundant evidence challenges the materialist worldview and is shifting the predominant paradigm to an understanding that consciousness extends beyond the brain. This is important because it better explains our reality.
- The implication of non-local consciousness is that we are all connected and part of a greater whole. This understanding radically changes our behavior and our influence on the world.
- The influence of major events on collective consciousness as detected by random number generators (RNG’s).
- The ancient history of channeling. The respect traditional cultures had for channelers (shamans, medicine men, etc.)
- Degrees of authenticity among channelers and degrees of positivity and usefulness among the entities they channel.
- Looking to external sources for wisdom vs. looking within.
- The importance of discernment.
- Whether subjective, spiritual experiences can be studied as scientifically as the physical phenomena hard sciences study.
- The currently existing tools of material science are unable to evaluate subtle realities.
- IONS is developing new ways to measure these realities using the scientific method.
- Plans to study the legitimacy of out of body experiences and perception of subtle beings.
- Whether great artistic and scientific achievements are sometimes channeled.
- People knowing or doing things far beyond what their education and training should have made possible.
- The capabilities of autistic savants.
- Higher intelligences interfacing with humanity to transmit wisdom.
- Could major shifts in collective consciousness (Nazism, QAnon) be mass channelings of powerful negative entities?
- The question of evil.
- Can Artificial Intelligence become conscious?
- Could anxiety or mental health issues result from involuntary ‘channeling’ of negative influences?
- Conspiracy theories. Striking a balance between closed-mindedness and willingness to consider unconventional possibilities.
- Those committed to mainstream thinking, such as in medicine, often refuse to consider alternative ideas, such as naturopathic medicine.
- We need to eschew black and white, dogmatic thinking and be more open-minded, curious, and inquisitive.
- Being able to face uncertainty and discomfort without taking refuge in false certainty.
- Does greater spiritual maturity enable one to channel more evolved intelligences?
- Helané’s personal channeling experiences.
- Potential pitfalls of channeling. Can it cause health problems? Some teachers and traditions discourage it.
- Helané discusses how to participate in her work.
Interview recorded January 24, 2021
Video and audio below. Audio also available as a Podcast.