Vasant Swaha was always a naturally free spirit, aware from an early age that life was not about accepting boundaries, but rather going beyond them. As a child, he sailed from his native Norway, exploring the world with his father and family. His visits to many foreign countries at an early age gave him a broad perspective on life.
He always liked to challenge himself, ever since he was very young. As a teenager, he left his home and continued traveling on his own. After journeying through Europe and North Africa, he eventually arrived in India. Here, he at once felt at home. An alive spiritual fragrance was in the air, that was missing in the West. He lived in the Himalayas and then in Goa, where he came into contact with disciples of the Master Osho. Out of this encounter, he knew what his next step was: to follow the call of his heart to go meet the Master.
His connection with Osho was instant and deep – like coming home. Swaha got immersed in the life of the commune around his Master, which became the biggest growth center in the world. Here, he could explore himself further in many levels. Becoming one of Osho’s bodyguards, Swaha had an intimate connection with his Master. Later, as a therapist, his openness to new ideas and therapies gave him a great opportunity to experiment and go through many different growth processes and meditations. This gave him a wide experience and insight into the psychology and heart of the modern man.
Shortly after Osho left his body, Swaha experienced awakening to his true Self.
I was no longer the one I was the day before. I had no identification with any personality or ego. The “I” was gone, and so was the whole past. I was drowned in a profound peace, in a deep spaciousness and blissful silence. It was a new birth. I became very fragile, I had to learn how to function in the world again.”
In the years that followed, this new way of being became more integrated. During his travels through India, he met Papaji in a blissful encounter.
My beloved Papa, Poonjaji, was a tremendous gift. He was really a lion of Truth. No words can express my gratitude to him.”
Papaji recognized the alive Presence in Swaha and encouraged him to share This. But at this time Swaha was just living in a constant state of inner contentment. It would take him another 5 years before he started giving Satsangs.
After meeting Papaji he went traveling around India, and lived for long periods of time in the Himalayas. During this time he had beautiful meetings with his enlightened friend, Giridhar, and together they had adventures in the far regions of the Himalayas.
More and more, existence moved Swaha to share himself with others. In India he was invited to take part in the No-Mind Ängsbacka Summer Festival in Sweden. It was his first public sharing and resulted in a queue of people wanting to learn more. He gave in to the inevitable and began sharing his Presence.
In tune with Swaha’s love of nature, he has created beautiful retreat places in the mountains of Norway and by the ocean in Brazil. Here, seekers and lovers from around the world come to meditate and experience the beauty, love and silence of his presence. In this precious meeting, hearts and minds can awaken, transform and flower.
Interview recorded 3/21/2015
Video and audio below. Audio also available as a Podcast.
YouTube Video Chapters:
- 00:00:00 – Introduction and Purpose
- 00:03:36 – Increasing polarities and the need for change
- 00:07:30 – Past Lives and Spiritual Connections
- 00:11:39 – Meeting Other Enlightened Beings
- 00:15:04 – Appreciating Food and Paths to Enlightenment
- 00:18:32 – A Shattered Identity
- 00:22:16 – Imperfections of Spiritual Masters
- 00:25:44 – The Role of the Guru and Personal Experience
- 00:29:08 – The Transformative Energy of an Ashram
- 00:32:56 – The Shift after Sickness and Integration
- 00:36:44 – Fragility and Sensitivity During Awakening
- – 00:40:31 – From the Himalayas to Papaji
- 00:44:19 – A Guru’s Influence
- 00:48:03 – Integration and Meltdown in the Garden of Paradise
- 00:51:16 – The Beauty of the Unspoken
- 00:54:09 – Natural Living and Being
- 00:56:49 – Emptying the Mind and Being Open
- 00:59:40 – Helping Others Empty Themselves
- 01:02:38 – Finding Happiness and Truth
- 01:05:39 – The Power of a Supportive Atmosphere
- 01:08:25 – David’s Journey and Meeting Ramesh Balsakar
- 01:11:20 – Community in Brazil and Norway
- 01:14:08 – Embraced by the Peace
- 01:16:53 – Being a Servant of the Divine
- 01:19:40 – Blissful Ecstasy and Oneness
- 01:22:49 – The Joy of Full Realization
- 01:25:51 – The Appreciation of God’s Creation
- 01:28:42 – Meeting the Master
- 01:31:35 – Following Divine Guidance
- 01:34:23 – Beautiful Places to Visit