Stan Grof, M.D., Ph.D. is a psychiatrist with more than fifty years’ experience researching the healing and transformative potential of non-ordinary states of consciousness. His groundbreaking theories influenced the integration of Western science with his brilliant mapping of the transpersonal dimension. He is one of the founders and chief theoreticians of Transpersonal Psychology and received an Honorary Award for major contributions to and development of the field of Transpersonal Psychology from the Association for Transpersonal Psychology in 1993. Dr. Grof is also the founder of the International Transpersonal Association (ITA) and its past and current president. He has organized large international conferences throughout the world and continues to lecture and teach professional training programs in Holotropic Breathwork and transpersonal psychology. Currently, Dr. Grof is Professor of Psychology at the California Institute of Integral Studies (CIIS) in the Department of Philosophy, Cosmology, and Consciousness, and teaches at the Pacifica Graduate Institute in Santa Barbara, CA.
Some of Dr. Grof’s many books:
- Healing Our Deepest Wounds: The Holotropic Paradigm Shift
- The Ultimate Journey: Consciousness and the Mystery of Death
- When the Impossible Happens: Adventures in Non-Ordinary Reality
- Holotropic Breathwork: A New Approach to Self-Exploration and Therapy (Suny Series in Transpersonal and Humanistic Psychology)
- The Holotropic Mind: The Three Levels of Human Consciousness and How They Shape Our Lives
- Spiritual Emergency: When Personal Transformation Becomes a Crisis (New Consciousness Readers)
- The Adventure of Self-Discovery: Dimensions of Consciousness and New Perspectives in Psychotherapy and Inner Exploration (SUNY Series in Transpersonal and Humanistic Psychology)
- LSD: Doorway to the Numinous: The Groundbreaking Psychedelic Research into Realms of the Human Unconscious
- The Cosmic Game: Explorations of the Frontiers of Human Consciousness (S U N Y Series in Transpersonal and Humanistic Psychology)
- The Stormy Search for the Self: A Guide to Personal Growth through Transformational Crisis
Interview conducted 10/24/2015 at the Science and Nonduality Conference
Video and audio below. Audio also available as a Podcast.