In 1977 Richard was a practicing medical doctor when he experienced a spontaneous spiritual illumination that awakened him to the multi-dimensional nature of human consciousness. This realization profoundly transformed his understanding of the roots of emotional suffering, and inspired him to explore the almost limitless human potential for growth and healing.
Impelled by this opening, he released the practice of medicine to devote his life to mentoring individuals and couples whose lives have brought them to the point where they hunger to explore the mystery of their being. Whether called to his work by their soul’s yearning to awaken and grow, or impelled by a health, career, or relationship crisis, his comprehensive and evolutionary approach to healing and forging loving relationships has transformed the lives of tens of thousands of people.
He is particularly renowned for the innovative, experiential nature of his workshops and longer retreats that offer individuals direct experience of life-changing states of consciousness and provide them with very effective models and practices for on-going personal growth.
He guides seminars and retreats in North and South America, Europe, and Australia, and is available for private mentoring for individuals at his home in Colorado.
He has published 7 seminal books on his visionary approach to human evolution which have been translated into 6 languages.
- Inside-Out Healing: Transforming Your Life Through the Power of Presence
- The Mandala of Being: Discovering the Power of Awareness
- The Black Butterfly: An Invitation to Radical Aliveness
- The I That Is We: Awakening to Higher Energies Through Unconditional Love
- The Second Miracle: Intimacy, Spirituality, and Conscious Relationships
- Metaphysics: Who Will Cure a Sick World?
Interview recorded 12/5/2015
Video and audio below. Audio also available as a Podcast.